Through a participatory process, the purpose of this workshop is to present and discuss possible scenarios for the development of Blue Energy on the island of Crete, as these scenarios resulted from the technical analysis carried out by CRES and BLUE DEAL project partners in collaboration with the Region of Crete and other bodies and authorities of the island.
In accordance to our programme, the first day the policy framework and the national and regional strategy on Blue Energy will be presented as well as the perspectives that exist at European level for the development of this promising sector.
On the second day, the results regarding the implementation of Blue Energy projects in the sea area of Crete will be presented, while a detailed discussion will follow with the directly involved bodies.
The third day of the workshop is dedicated to the presentation of real applications in Greece and Europe, highlighting their performance and benefits, while the last day of the Conference is dedicated to informing citizens and especially students on these issues.
12/04 Opportunities and framework conditions for Blue energy in the Mediterranean
- 12.00-12.20 Opening session
- 12.20-12.40 Presentation of priorities regarding Blue Energy in Crete
- 12.40-13.00 RES in Crete: lessons learned and key issues
- 13.00-13.20 Blue Economy at the Mediterranean. Policies and new opportunities
- 13.20-13.40 The Ocean Energy SET PLAN: perspectives of Ocean Energy in Europe and in the Mediterranean Sea
- 13.40-14.00 Presentation of the Blue Deal activities for Greece
13/04 Workshop for Blue energy Planning in Crete
- 10.00-10.15 What if the sea really can?
- 10.15-10.30 Let’s imagine what could be Crete Region in 2030
- 10.40-10.55 Mapping blue energy potential in Crete: main findings and criticalities
- 10.55-11.10 HCMR: paving the way for the blue growth in Crete
- 11.10-11.25 Blue Development and Coastal Tourism
- 11.25-11.40 The importance of Blue Energy towards climate neutrality, National & European developments
- 11.40-11.55 Underwater cultural heritage and Blue Energy: perspectives and limits
- 11.55-12.10 The importance of proper spatial planning of marine and coastal wind farms
- 12.10-12.30 Introducing Blue Energy in the energy strategy of Crete
- 12.30-12.45 Your opinion counts: Presentation of poll results on Blue Energy
14/04 Industry day
- 16.00-16.30 Investment landscape for off-shore wind development in Greece
- 16.30-17.00 Offshore wind energy: A review of the current status, challenges and future development in Andalusia, Spain
- 17.00-17.20 Financial Institutes from Crete
- 17.20-17.40 Virtual study visit to a Blue energy installation
- 17.40-18.00 Launch of the Open Innovation Challenge for blue energy solutions in the Mediterranean
15/05 Teens day
- 9.00-11.00 School visit and introduction to blue energy
WHEN: 12-15th April
WHERE: On Line